A fresh and summery appetizer, these bruschetta will fly off the plate all on their own! Ripe gorgeous tomatoes, fragrant basil, and sweet balsamic reduction will have you feeling like you're dining al fresco in the Italian countryside. Featuring Super Dips Sundried Tomato and Basil Blend.
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
6 or 7 ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
¼ red onion, minced
1 packet Super Dips Sundried Tomato & Basil Blend
6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
2-3 whole garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Chop tomatoes and place in a colander & stir gently to allow the natural juices to drain off.
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, vinegar, oil, Super Dips Sundried Tomato & Basil blend, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place on a tray and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Toast bread under the broiler until golden.
- Stack basil leaves and roll them up. Slice into fine threads.
- Once the bread is toasted, rub each piece with a whole garlic clove.
- Place bread on a platter and top with tomato mixture.
- Scatter basil threads from a height.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately!