A true comfort food dish, this will go perfectly alongside a bed of smooth and buttery mashed potatoes. Featuring Super Dips Sundried Tomato and Basil and Garlic Blends.
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
½ cup Italian bread crumbs
¼ cup minced onion
¼ cup ketchup
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. SuperDips Garlic blend
2 tbsp. SuperDips Sundried Tomato & Basil blend
2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thoroughly mix beef, pasta sauce, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, egg, Super Dips Sundried Tomato & Basil, and Super Dips Garlic blends together using your hands in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 the meat mixture into the bottom of a loaf pan, pressing the mixture about an inch up the sides of the pan.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the centre of the meat.
- Spread remaining meat mixture over the cheese, pressing edges of meat together on the sides to seal in the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is no longer pink in the centre, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read at least 160 degrees F.