A wonderfully easy weeknight meal sure to please the whole family. Throw it all in the slow cooker and have a delicious meal at the end of a long day. Featuring Super Dips Super Spag Spicy Sauce Mix.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
2 lb. skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
Freshly ground black pepper
2 bell peppers, chopped
2 cups button baby mushrooms, sliced
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp. SuperDips Super Spag Spicy
1/3 c. capers
8 oz. cooked linguine, for serving
- Season chicken on both sides with some of the Super Spag Spicy mix and place in slow cooker.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, the rest of the upper Spag Spicy and broth.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker and stir capers into sauce.
- Serve chicken over cooked pasta with sauce.