This sweet and flavourful recipe features Super Dips Asia and Garlic and is sure to become a favourite on your dinner menu.
Asian Pineapple Chicken
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp Super Dips Asia Dip Blend
Freshly ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup canned pineapple juice
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. Super Dips Garlic Dip Blend
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup cashews
Sliced green onions, for serving
Cooked white rice, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
- Toss cut chicken in Asia Super Dip with a drizzle of oil and set aside for a minimum of 1 hour. (Marinate overnight, if you can.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and stir until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and cook until just tender, 3 minutes more.
- While the chicken cooks, in a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, Garlic Super Dip, and jalapeño (optional, if you want to bring the heat) and bring to a simmer.
- Make a slurry: In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tsp. of cold water and cornstarch until combined, then whisk into saucepan. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and let simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple and cashews.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with rice and lime.