This is a beautiful and hearty dish that is full of warm and cozy spices. We can practically smell the fragrant coconut and curry as we type this. Don't waste any time, bust out that slow cooker and make this beauty tonight! Featuring Super Dips Coco Curry & Garlic Blends.
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
1 lb. chicken breasts
1 packet Super Dips Coco Curry Blend
1 Packet Super Dips Garlic Blend
1 tsp. sugar
2 15-oz. cans coconut milk lite or full fat
2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
4 cups sweet potatoes peeled, cut into ½ to 1-inch cubes
1 medium sweet onion finely diced
Fresh Cilantro to garnish
- Pour all but 1 cup of coconut milk into the bottom of a 6-Quart Crock-Pot. Reserve remaining coconut milk.
- Add butter and the Super Dips Coco Curry & Garlic blends and stir to incorporate the seasonings.
- Place chicken breasts into the slow cooker, making sure to submerge them in the liquid.
- Add sweet potatoes and onions. Stir to combine.
- Cover slow cooker and set to Low for 5-6 hours, or High for 4-5 hours.
- In the last hour of cooking, stir the ingredients to ensure the curry isn't sticking to the sides.
- Shred chicken using two forks during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Pour in reserved 1 cup of coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the dish rest for at least 20 minutes before serving. The sauce will thicken as it rests.
- Serve over basmati rice and garnish with chopped cilantro!