Rich and creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo can be on your table tonight. It's as fast and easy as throwing it all in the slow cooker and returning to a beautiful meal. Featuring Super Dips Cajun Dip Blend.
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Recipe by Arlene Oosterhoff
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts
1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
3 cups of heavy cream
4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
4 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. Super Dips Cajun blend
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
1/2 cup hot water
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add chicken breasts, sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and Super Dips Cajun blend to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on High for about 30 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, the sliced chicken and serve!